LATISSE® is a prescription treatment that works gradually to help eyelashes grow longer, fuller, and darker. LATISSE® is the first and only product FDA approved to grow lashes in people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
How to Use LATISSE®
LATISSE® is a 5-step treatment that is performed daily at home.
- Before applying LATISSE®, clean your face and remove your makeup and contact lenses.
- Place one drop of LATISSE® solution near the tip of the applicator, but not on the tip. (Make sure the applicator or the tip of the bottle does not touch anything before applying it to your eyelid.)
- Draw the applicator carefully along the skin where the eyelashes meet the skin, going from the inner part of your lash to the outer part.
- Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid with a tissue.
- Place the applicator in the garbage after one use. Repeat for opposite eyelid, using a new applicator to help minimize any potential for contamination from one eyelid to another.
When Should I See Results?
While you may start to see longer lashes after 4 weeks, you must use LATISSE® daily for 16 weeks for maximum results. This is because LATISSE® works gradually. Do not reduce or stop daily applications when you first notice results. After 16 weeks, talk to your doctor about ongoing use. Lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance once you stop using LATISSE®.
Possible Side Effects
Possible side effects include:
- Eye itching
- Eye redness
- Skin darkening
- Eye irritation
- Dry eye
- Eyelid redness
- If you miss a dose of LATISSE®, do not apply additional doses to make up for the missed dose. Just apply it the next day.
- Do not apply LATISSE® directly into the eye or to the lower lid, and blot excess solution with a tissue. If you do get LATISSE® in your eye, do not rinse your eye. It is not expected to cause harm.
To schedule an appointment for LATISSE®, give us a call at 770-532-3306 or go to our contact page.